Classic Looks and Deep Dimension While the earliest known metal cast parts date back to 3,000 BC, it wasn't until perhaps the early 1500s that artistic applications for cast metal began appearing in the form of plates for monuments and fountains. The development of new technologies during the Industrial Age caused an increased demand in artistic cast designs in the second half of the 18th century when many of the grand buildings of Europe and North America were adorned with cast metal letters. Banks, government buildings and universities have long used cast metal letters for their classic look and deep dimension. Gemini has been producing quality hand-Rnished cast metal letters since the mid 1980s in our all-electric, pollution-free furnaces. Gemini casts bronze and aluminum letters and offers many different Rn.tshes including polished, oxidized or anodized (using Aluminum Anodizers Council and American Institute of Architects guidelines). When a sense of permanency and depth is required, Gemini Cast Metal Letters offer the depth you need - often for less than what you would expect to pay for such quality.
When a sense of permanency and depth is required on professional offices, universities and government buildings Gemini bronze and aluminum cast metal letters offer the depth you need. With 12 different finishes including polished, oxidized or anodized (using Aluminum Anodizers Council and American Institute of Architects guidelines); you can get the classic look and deep dimension of cast metal letters for less than what you would expect to pay for such quality. In all, Gemini features more than 60 standard styles, with many different finish options. Our all-electric, pollution-free furnaces in Texas and Iowa melt the bronze and aluminum ingot used in our casting processes. Not only is our hand-finished product produced for you in only 8 days, it is also guaranteed for life.
QUALITY & AFFORDABILITY
~ Custom letters & logos are available at minimal expenseespecially with multiple set orders
~ Earth-friendly-no lead or mercury and all trim is recycled in the casting process
~ Over 60 standard styles
~ Orders produced in only 8 days
~ Lifetime Guarantee
Cast Metal Letters Specifications
Part I General
A. Furnish letters and hardware necessary to install cast letters shown on drawings and herein specified.
A. Manufacturers illustrated product literature and specifications.
B. Installation instructions
1.2 Quality Assurance
A. Manufacturer to have a minimum of 20 years experience in manufacturing letters.
B. All letters to be manufactured by one manufacturer.
Part II Products
2.1 Acceptable Manufacturer or Manufacturers Representative
A. Gemini Incorporated
103 Mensing Way
Cannon Falls, MN 55009
Phone: 800-538-8377 or 507-263-3957
Fax: 800-421-1256 or 507-263-4887
2.2 Materials (Metal Alloys)
A. Aluminum 319 Alloy/514 Alloy
B. Bronze NAVY G no-lead bronze
1. Natural Satin faces, bead-blasted returns, clear acrylic polyurethane powder-coated, baked.
2. Baked Enamel, bead-blasted returns, #319 aluminum alloy, baked.
3. Clear Anodized, bead-blasted returns, #514 Alloy.
4. Gold anodized, bead-blasted returns, #514 Alloy.
5. Medium bronze anodized, sanded return, #514 Alloy.
6. Dark bronze anodized, sanded return, #514 Alloy.
7. Black anodized, sanded return, #514 Alloy.
1. Natural satin faces, bead-blasted returns, sprayed with 2-part hardened acrylic polyurethane clear coat, NAVY G 88-0-4 lead- and
mercury-free bronze alloy, baked.
2. Polished, US9 Finish, hand-polished face, bead-blasted return, 2-part hardened acrylic polyurethane clear coat, NAVY G 88-0-
4 lead- and mercury-free bronze alloy, baked.
3. Oxidized, NAVY G 88-0-4 lead- and mercury-free bronze alloy, 2-part hardened acrylic polyurethane clear coat, US10B
4. Green Patina, varies from letter to letter, not uniform.
2.3 Mounting Hardware
A. Cast metal letters have threaded stud bosses or are drilled & tapped for stud insertion.
B. All aluminum letters under 18 use aluminum studs, type based on stroke and thickness.
C. All other letters use stainless steel studs.
A. A qualified installer shall install cast letters.